To further beautify the York Community we will be participating in the Clean City, Clean Water initiative in partnership with
the City of Philadelphia.
To learn more about Green City, Clean Waters, we recommend you start with the Summary Report. To help you understand the terminology and issues behind Green City, Clean Waters (technically known as the CSO Long Term Control Plan Update), here
are some key concepts that inform our planning and solutions:
- What is a watershed?
- Which watershed do I live in? Click here to find out.
- What is stormwater?
- What is a combined sewer system (CSS) and combined sewer overflow (CSO)?
- What is green stormwater infrastructure?
- How do changes in climate, land use and population affect our waterways?
- What is the current condition of our water infrastructure?
- How do waterways become degraded?
- What federal and state regulations guide PWD’s watershed planning?